Happy New Year all! It's time for a fresh start, and while I'm not usually one to make New Years Resolutions (okay, okay, I have in the past, but I can't remember any of them!) or make a list of goals, so I figured why not start now?
1. Find a job after finishing my Americorps term, which ends in late August.
2. Prepare for and take the GRE- I've already signed up, so I just need to hunker down for the next month and a half. I take the exam on Feb 21st, 2011.
3.Lose the few pounds I've gained since graduating college. More importantly, get back into a healthy lifestyle.
4. Run at least one 5k this year, maybe even a longer distance (Ralph wants to do a 10-miler. If so, I'm in!)
5. Balance my spending- I earn a living allowance, not a wage, so this is a good opportunity to learn how to budget!
6. Get back into blogging- I've been away for the last few months, but I definitely want to get back into it as I think it will help to hold me accountable (and it's also great for making memories that I can always come back to in the future)
7. Do yoga at least 3 times per week- it's awesome for dealing with stress, and it helps me stretch after running.
8. Research different career areas to decide what direction I want to go/ decide if I definitely need to go back to school.
9. Keep my living space clean and organized (this will be tough, but I can do it!)
I was shooting for 10, but 9 goals is definitely a good start for this year.
What are your goals for 2011?
(Fun fact: Every time I tried to type 2011, I ended up typing 2001! Whoops!)