Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Bit of This, A Bit of That

Woke up later than I wanted to, but I was so happy to get the extra sleep!

I always eat soon after I wake up, whether or not I feel very hungry. Actually, I usually feel thirsty, so I always try to drink water first or at least have water with my meal.

I don't remember if that's what I did, but I sure did enjoy my favorite breakfast:
Nectarine and PB&J toast.

 I'm pretty sure I can eat open faced (they have to be open faced, it such a different experience than a sandwich) peanut butter and jelly sandwich on wheaty bread- every day. As you can see, I'm not sick of them yet, and I can't imagine that will happen anytime soon. However, if/when Ralph reads this I know he will probably laugh at me because I'm pretty sure he's eaten so many of these sandwiches that he is (as far as I know) very much sick of them. Maybe not. I think I remember him still eating pb & jelly coated bagel/toast in his recent past, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, lunch was a poorly pictured meatless BBQ sandwich. 
I was still working while I ate the sandwich (boo!) that I couldn't really enjoy my lunch. Ah well, the bits I remember were very good at least.

Post lunch side:
The last of the cheesy broccoli

I came home looking for a refreshing snack
My little bunch of cherries was not looking so hot, so I just made cocoa banana soft serve. Tasty!

I think I snacked on bits and pieces, but either way I was kinda full and not ready for dinner. I was really torn between whether or not to go to the gym/start packing/do other errands. Well, I started by getting dressed for the gym, heeding the storm warning and instead did a little bit of packing for my upcoming move (yay!) and some cleaning.

Made some dinner:
Left over curry spiced chickpeas and veggies (from stuffed sweet potatoes) and coconut rice.

Followed by a dose of watermelon, my favorite cure all

Read a little bit of Kathy Griffin's book and went to the grocery store pretty late (by this time the storm warning had passed, so I felt good to go)

Came back for my evening snack.

And read more of the book before bed. I'm a little bit of a speed-reading demon. Okay, okay, I'm not that fast, but  I think I've gotten through about half of the book. When I find a book I like, I really dive into it!


0 comments:

Post a Comment