Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Creamy Day

Good morning!

I started my day with half a banana and ~3 mi run. It was not the easiest thing to do first thing, but I did it and I think it helped start my day.

I cleaned up and jumped into breakfast:
whole nectarine

vanilla tea with milk, pb&j open faced and yogurt

Close up:
This yogurt was so creamy (as expected) that I was content having half and saving the rest for later.

Pre lunch:

Hummus sandwich

Featuring 40 spice hummus.
I don't know, I think I only tasted 37 spices...

Rest of my Indian spiced stuffing later on:

After work snack:
Yum, juicy!

Dinner:
Creamy tomato sauce from my Moosewood cookbook

Having a taste:

Too lazy to make pasta, so I topped some bread
Um, this was AMAZING. I'm a penne vodka lover and have since tried so hard to make a tasty lighter version of the sauce. Now this wasn't trying to be a vodka sauce at all (at least I think), and obviously it doesn't quite have the weight of a full fat cream sauce, but it was very very good for a healthy cream sauce. Yay!

Evening date while watching Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D List:
X2

1 comment:

  1. wow. That's quite a food parade you have going on there! May I join in this weekend? I want peanut butter on toast in the morning and then creamy tomato sauce for lunch. And a run in the middle. Yum.

    ReplyDelete