Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Feeling a little coconutty



Hey, sorry for the delay. Here's my recap of the last day:

I woke up really thirsty (and still really tired), so breakfast began with a nice juicy wedge of watermelon:


After that, I was really feeling eggs this morning. Maybe I was looking for some protein after last night workout?

I skipped my morning swim, I haven't been getting enough sleep the past few days, so I listened to my body and slept a little later and ate what I felt was a hearty breakfast. Since I was tired, I was looking to grab some coffee. I couldn't get to a coffee place until the afternoon, but either way I think this breakfast gave me enough energy to get through the day without the caffeine, yay!

After a few hours of working, I dug into my lunch.

This actually tasted a LOT better after I gave it some time to settle. This was originally my gyro filling, but it kind of turned into a derivative of a Greek salad. Whatever, either way it was soooo good.

I followed my salad with some salt:


When I got out of work, I was thirsty and craving some coffee (not the caffeine since it was already late into the afternoon, but just a tasty, cool drink).
I got a decaf iced coffee with a coconut flavor shot from a local coffee shop. I'm just glad I can get this flavor at a place other than Dunkin Donuts (Dunkin's is okay, but I much prefer their munchkins!)

Then I went home and began the first lesson of my online class! I decided to take a class on website design, so I can learn how to personalize my page. I like the template, but it would be nice to know what all the code behind it means, so I'm looking forward to learning a lot of new things!

While at home, I was feeling snacky:


I consumed pictured pineapply ring X2. Also, notice the slight blurriness of the photo, just to show that
1. Decaf coffee does contain some caffeine
2. I have a low tolerence for caffeine, I really get the jitters!

And just before going for a bike ride:

I rode my bike for about an hour and a half. The ride was kinda hilly (up, up, up, 2 mins flying downhill, then another hill) which was frustrating and fun at the same time.

Then I came home and began to feast, haha!

The SW scramble topped with a refreshing salsa/quacamole hybrid, enjoyed with naan again.

And a thirst quenching watermelon. This was a huge chunk, it was awesome!!!

I hung out with a few friends who live in my apartment complex, then ended my night on a foodie high note:

A s'more muffin. By this point, I was really tired and went to bed, hoping to start catching up on sleep.

I think I slept pretty well, and happily woke up to:

Overnight oats (oats, chia seeds and almond milk) toped with 1/2 banana and peanut butter. So delicious!

2 comments:

  1. I have to get one of those baby watermelons,they are supposed to be really sweet.Your wedges must have been delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if they are sweeter than regular watermelons, but they're still very good!

    ReplyDelete