Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Funny faces

 I don't know about you, but I think my breakfast looks a little scared:

 Scared that I was going to devour it, which I did. It's mouth is composed of more naan (which Ralph and I have pretty much demolished since last night! haha)

After breakfast Ralph and I watched a movie on TV, and then went out to run some errands, while we were out we picked up some groceries from a local farm to make lunch:


We made meatless gyros! We were supposed to get seitan, couldn't find any in the grocery store, and substituted with chickpeas. The chickpeas tasted great in this, but I would like to try this with seitan sometime.

I went back for more, but left out the naan (they weren't as flexible as pitas):
Composed of tomato, cucumber, red onion, feta cheese, avocado (yum!)chickpeas and lettuce/naan wraps. The vegetables tasted so fresh. This was really tasty!

After our late lunch, Ralph and I chilled for a few hours, then began to prepare a second batch of naan (this time with bread flour) and went for a 3 mile run. Although the weather was kind of muggy and it felt really humid, we had fun!

We also came back hungry and we resolved to finish most of our leftovers:
I started with two chicken wings, leftover veggie stir fry and some celery. I followed it with some freshly cooked naan.


And finished up with a marshmallow smore cupcake with a cup of coconut milk:

That's all for today! Luckily, Ralph finished up my red fried rice, so I will have new things to prepare this week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment