Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Taking Advantage of the Sun!


After breakfast, Ralph and I went to Wolffe Park, a small park with a few nature trails. We walked around there for about a half hour, since it was buggy and a little bit muggy out. Other than that, the park was really nice (aside from the 'Beware of Bear' signs. No worries, we didn't run into any, but even if we did, the ones around here are usually 'small' and afraid of people). Here are some more views of the front of the park:




After lunch, I was really hungry so I cooked some veggies:

Broccoli, red pepper, cauliflower seasoned with red pepper flakes, chili powder, salt and pepper. I had this with the red fried rice from thursday:


After lunch, the radar showed a threat of thunderstorms, so Ralph and I did some baking!


I used coconut milk instead of almond, and omitted the molasses and coconut oil. And of course the non-vegan marshmallows.

We had enough leftover ganache to dip strawberries in it!

And if those weren't enough, we made naan:

Ralph and I shared three and happily dipped them in homemade tzatziki! We're still working on our fav recipe for tzatziki, but ours always contains greek yogurt, tons of garlic, salt and pepper, and we even threw some dill and rosemary in this batch. Next time I hope to remember to throw in some chopped cucumber.

After our afternoon of snacking, Ralph and I were satisfied for the time being and went shopping for a bit. When we came home, I literally did a repeat of lunch, so I will spare you another pic (no worries, we're almost done with the red fried rice!)

Night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment