Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Lazy day

Good morning! Here's my recap of saturday's eats:

So much food I couldn't even finish!

Ralph and I then went out for a ~2 hr bike ride- a little under 10 miles

Then snacked for lunch:
Ralph picked up these veggie chips- a mixture of spinach and garlic, beet and onion, carrot and mixed vegg? chips.
Close up. All in all the guac was very good, but I wanted something else.

I made us thick banana-peanut butter smoothies.

We chilled for a few hours since it was supposed to rain in the afternoon. It didn't end up raining, but we still enjoyed hanging out and watching tv.

For dinner:
Like I said last night, we based our recipe of this one. However, I started with a homemade pasta sauce.
 Sauce ingredients:
1 Tbs olive oil
1/2 white onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 zucchini, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup cooked green lentils
16 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 Tbs oregano
1 Tbs basil
salt and pepper

Heat a large skillet with the olive oil. Add the onions, red pepper, and zucchini and cook until softened. Add the garlic, stirring for 1 minute. Add the crushed tomatoes and lentils. Bring to a boil then let simmer for 10 minutes. Add the spices to taste. Add a pinch of baking soda if you still find the sauce too bitter.

Once the sauce was done and the pasta was cooked we, put a light layer of sauce on the bottom of the baking dish, the topped with the pasta. We put the rest of the sauce over the pasta, sprinkled a little bit of parm and the layered with mozzerella.

Tada!
Around this time we (6:30 on sat) we got through close to 3/4 of our 9x13 pan of Lasagna style baked ziti!
Since we hung out all day (and wanted ice cream) I suggested that we walk to a local ice cream shop that makes homemade ice cream. The ice cream place was about 2 miles away. It took us a little while, bit it was so worth it! I got 2 scoops of chocolate marshmallow and Ralph got a cone of cookies 'n cream. I will upload the pic of my ice cream later if I can extract it from my phone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment