Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Going bananaz

Good Evening! This morning, I made a true batch of VOO:

Okay, not vegan because I added malted powder to the bananas so it would taste more like vanilla, but it was great! At first I thought this wasn't going to be enough for me, but it really left me feeling satisfied until lunchtime.

Lunch: Spinach, Beans and Tomatoes on Cheese Toast (from Moosewood Cookbook)

Threw the tomatoes in the oven with oil, salt and pepper until they were nice and soft. Threw 1/2 can of pinto beans in with it for 5 mins, then added the spinach and mixed it around until it was covered in teh juices and baked that for a few minutes. Topped on bread baked with parmesan cheese.

This was really good, and pretty simple to make. I ate it with cherries:


After work, I had some dried pineapple:

And cheese
This was a smoked gouda, and I had a 0.5-1 oz. chunk.

I had my snack, talked to my bf, brother and mom, and then went for a bike ride, which I will recap next to show you today's route.

2 comments:

  1. Love smoked gouda,a wonderful choice....and the cherries look good ,too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I can't get enough of it, or cheese in general, really.

    ReplyDelete