Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Thank Goodness For Leftovers!

Good evening! As promised, I'm going to continue my recap of last night through today. Last night, I was hungry for a treat, so Ralph and I made muffins. Little did we know what we were getting ourselves into:
Banana, Pineapple and Coconut Muffins

based off these muffins with these changes (starting with the lack of chocolate, I wanted to use what I had)

•1 C Unsweetened Almond Milk
•1 t Apple Cider Vinegar
•2 C Whole Wheat Flour all purpose flour
•2 t Baking Soda
•1/3 C Raw Turbinado Sugar brown sugar
3 large very ripe bananas 1 large banana
•1/3 C Unsweetened Apple Sauce extra almond milk
1/2 - 3/4 C Chocolate Chips
- 1 ring chopped dried pineapple
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
Directions
1.Put the almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a bowl and let sit.
2.In a big bowl combine the flour, baking soda, pineapple and coconut.
3.In a medium bowl mash the peeled bananas with a fork.
4.Add the sugar to the bowl with the bananas and mix it in.
5.Add the almond milk + milk (with the vinegar in it) to the bananas.
6.Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently mix until incorporated.
7.Bake at 350* for about 22 minutes for full sized muffins and 18 minutes for the minis.

I got this:
I had this one, which was pretty good. It was pretty close to the normal texture of a muffin, but I think I would use a little bit of oil instead of apple sauce or extra milk.
Ralph had 3, so either they were really good or he was still kinda hungry from dinner. No one knows except him.

I was still hungry so.... I had some strawberries! And that was it for last night.

This morning, I tried to up my water uptake with lots of watermelons and I had 1 1/2 muffins with the rest of my 'empty' jar of peanut butter.

Lunch:
Meatless lentil sauce with parm over wheaty bread, so delicious!


Sometime before dinner I snuck another piece of watermelon and the other half of muffin from this morning.

Dinner:
Closeups:
Sweet potato and broccoli stir fry with Gouda

2nd dinner, because the first one needed more staying power:
This time I used the spinach, pinto beans and tomatoes as a dip, so good!

Okay, goal for tomorrow, more protein earlier in the day. I think this may call for some overnight oats!

Until then, goodnight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment