Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

When Bad Days Turn Around

Good evening! Here are my eats from yesterday.

When I woke up yesterday morning, I knew it wasn't a day for swimming. So I caught up on rest and made a good breakfast:

Toast w/ almond butter and cocoa powder

Lunch:

Salad mixed with cucumbers, carrots and a slice of mozzarella. That was my first half of lunch. The second half was 3/4-1 cup of Jambalaya and another orange.

Post work snack:
Banana soft serve with green tea powder. I promise it tasted better than it looks! I ended up fussing with it so much that I ate half and put the rest in the freezer to refreeze. I had a not-so-fun day at work, so I was very happy when my friend Phil asked to hang out. We went to Hollywood video (closing so their videos were on sale) to see what they had and then I helped him go grocery shopping. Even though I had premade food at home, I was happy to join him for dinner and even helped prepare some of the dishes:

I was so proud of the guac! It tasted very good even though I didn't add everything in the pantry. This had 2 avocados, 1/4-1/2 white onion, 1/2 tomato, pinch of salt, pinch of dried minced garlic and 2 tbsp spicy salsa.
Dinner plate: buttery green beans, corn, guac, cheesy scalloped potatoes X2 and 1/2 kickin chicken. So good! I was stuffed after this meal, and I didn't end up going to the gym, but I had a really good time hanging out with my good friend. Sometimes you need to just chill our to get on track, y'know.

We watched The Devil Wears Prada, and then I went home and made a homemade hot cocoa before heading to bed.

My work day was pretty rocky, but by the end of the night I was feeling much happier. Normally, I probably would have freaked out about my: bad day/ not going to the gym/big dinner, but instead of doing that I just took it easy, and I think I felt so much better today for that.

Anyway, stay tuned for today's recap! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment